Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Front Entry...aka "Sitting Room", revisited...



Last week I showed you new photos of my favorite room...the Great Room.  You can see that post HERE.
While I took those pictures...I took new pictures of our Entry/Sitting Room too...


We actually use this room a lot.  It's the perfect spot to relax and enjoy your morning coffee.


You might recognize my "HOME made" rug.  You can see that post HERE.


Do you remember my entry bench made from a industrial "materials" rack?  It was one of my favorite "finds" from the Country Junk Sale last fall...you can see that post HERE.


This is the "Entry" portion of the room...as I am typing this, I am realizing how much better that closet turned pantry would look with burlap type curtain hanging there instead of those bi-fold doors.  To be continued :)


And still one of my all time favorite posts...this chippy flower basket turned light fixture.  You can re-visit that HERE.


Did I ever show you the "baby gates" my husband made when my son was little?  These steps lead down to the family room.  And can be a tempting spot to take a "bumpy" ride on your push car...both kids tried it.  Thankfully only bumps and bruised :(


Just some scrap wood, bead board and hardware did the trick.  I haven't had the heart to take them down yet...


...besides, they fold up right to the wall and out of the way.  They still come in very handy for little visitors :)


This old ice chest holds many a kid games and toys.


And a couple of other favorite posts...


And last but not least...I love to play around with the vintage treasures in these little cubby shelves. I asked my hubby to add them when he was framing in the archway when building the addition.  I think it adds a little extra charm.


Wow, thanks for taking this little walk down "Memory Lane" with me!  It's always fun to peek back.  And since many of those posts were some of my "firsts"...there may be some of you that are seeing them for the first time??  Hope so :)

Have a great rest of your week!!
 
Sharing at...

Chat soon,

13 comments:

  1. With six kids we should of make a permanent stair barrier. A couple of the kids could of used it more than the others!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a charming room...love the chairs, and that "homemade" rug is super neat (gotta go check it out).

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done some great stuff. What creative projects! I especially love your Home rug. And, that baby gate is awesome. Wow!

    Enjoyed visiting with you this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is so inviting and has so much personality! You really have done so many creative projects and I love seeing them here since I think I missed a few of these posts. Love the wire basket light fixture and the rug you made! Your wicker furniture is beautiful!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great projects here! It's always fun to look back and see just how much you've accomplished and a good motivator to get more done, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful. Your colors always coordinate so beautifully. Love the creative baby gate-I'm always on the look out for baby gates that tuck away when not in use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those cubby shelves~well, the whole room, really! Those table leg sconces are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurel ... Love the big hall and all the elements. So charming. You really know how to re-purpose.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. http://audreyzumwalt.blogspot.com/
    Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a welcoming entrance way - just love the rug ( have to do that!!! )
    Definitely your newest follower - would so love to have you come by and follow back when you have the time!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  10. All I can say is great work. The effort you put into this is very impressive and I enjoyed every minute of the read. I hope to come back and see more articles you've written. Candle Boxes Wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice Post.Best Custom Boxes provides custom and cost-efficient Cosmetic Boxes  for all kinds of personal and professional requirements

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing this informative post with us. All custom Boxes co Provide custom and cost-efficient packaging with free shipping all over the uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)