Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"Christmas in a Canister" revisited...is it a sign or a snow globe??


Chipping with Charm:  Christmas in a Canister...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

I shared this idea a while back...maybe you remember it?

I called it Christmas in a Canister...for lack of a better name.  I can't really figure out what exactly it is...

Chipping with Charm:  Christmas in a Canister...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

...a glass flat sided canister, some snow and a rolled up piece of sheet music.

Chipping with Charm:  Christmas in a Canister...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

And of course a little embellishment...does that surprise you?  I like that the keys say "star"...did you notice?

Chipping with Charm:  Christmas in a Canister...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

Chipping with Charm:  Christmas in a Canister...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

This time I made some little "baby" ones too.

Chipping with Charm:  Christmas in a Canister...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

And then I brought them to our booth at Antiques Downtown.

So what do you think it is?  A sign?  A snow "canister"?  Not sure, but the last time I made them (for a different shop) they sold out fast...we'll see :)

Sharing this at...
Funky Junk Interiors for Sat Nite Special
Nifty Thrifty Tues at Coastal Charm
Knick of Time Tuesday

I'll be working at the shop tomorrow...we'll be adding some "twinkle".  I'll try to remember to take some better pictures to show you...

Chat soon, 

14 comments:

  1. Wow! Love those.. great idea.. Where do you find those flat clear canisters? Thanks for sharing.. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome IDEA !! You are giving me some awesome ideas girly . LOVE LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are very unique. You're so creative! I really like the blu-ish glass. They would add a lot to a mantle with some tall candles and a few pine cones!

    Blessings to you,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love these!!! They look so sweet too!! This would be cute to even include in a little gift!! Thanks for the inspiration!! :) Happy sweet day! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, Laurel! Love the baby ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laurel I think this is really cute. Like the bottles.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! Great idea! How about a sign globe?!
    Blessings, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurel,
    These are simple but make a big impact. I can see why they would sell quickly. This was a great idea.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous, Laurel! Perfect for those with VERY curious cats in the house... I've featured you on I Love That Junk! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are precious love love love them :)

    Xoxo Gina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found a clip about these on I Love That Junk & I have had a set of these canisters FOR-EVER and was thinking of dumping out the old pastas & donating them to the Salvation Army, but I love this idea! Mine have a metal lid with a heavy duty wire handle, so it works out great for adding trinkets! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)