Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Photo Holder Christmas Tree...my first official Christmas project...

Chipping with Charm:  Postcard Holder to Christmas Tree...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

Well, it's official...I'm thinking Christmas.

Chipping with Charm: Our booth "Christmas Trees For Sale"...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

We added Christmas to our booth at Antiques Downtown last week...so that got me going.

Chipping with Charm: Our booth "Christmas Trees For Sale"...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

We decided on a "Christmas Trees for Sale" theme...so I've been focusing on re-purposed tree ideas.
  
(These are just a couple of quick pictures I took with my phone.  We plan to go back and add some twinkle lights...so I'll take better pictures then to show you more.)

Chipping with Charm:  Postcard Holder to Christmas Tree, before...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

And now everything is starting to look like a "tree"...including this old post card holder.

Chipping with Charm:  Postcard Holder to Christmas Tree...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

I just tied on some twine in a tree shape...top to bottom.

Chipping with Charm:  Postcard Holder to Christmas Tree...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

Added some keys and buttons for "ornaments".

Chipping with Charm:  Postcard Holder to Christmas Tree...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

And of course you need a pretty "topper".

Chipping with Charm:  Postcard Holder to Christmas Tree...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

Just add photos or cards and you've got yourself a conversation piece for the Holidays.

So how about you...ready to get started on Christmas??  Before blogging I always waited until the weekend after Thanksgiving.  But since I'm already in the "spirit" and I don't entertain for Thanksgiving...I'm thinking I might as well get started.  Then I can enjoy it for the whole month of December :)

Sharing this at...
Funky Junk Interiors for Sat Nite Special
Funky Junk Interiors for Sat Nite Special...Salvaged Junk Christmas Trees

Chat soon,

11 comments:

  1. Laurel,
    This tree is so neat...you are very creative my friend. I am a after Thanksgiving gal, but this year just might be different. I hope to get started here at the house the week before Thanksgiving...doing the shop tomorrow.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurel,
    I have started too. My daughter does Thanksgiving so I start my Christmas decor early. Love this time of year!!! That little tree is so creative and fun. Love it.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi..
    It was so fun looking at your creations in your photos! You're very inventive.. I love the insulators on the light bases with bows. :) Thank you for sharing! We, too have started thinking Christmas. If you and your family enjoy reading meaningful stories, you might like the Christmas in My Heart books by Joe Wheeler. We first heard of them through Focus on the Family.
    Blessings,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamara! I'm going to check it out! I have my christianbooks.com order started for Christmas already too :)

      Delete
  4. I love your work. Love love love it. Just beautiful. I would love to come to your booth. I wish that I lived close to it. HUGS and keep up the awesome work my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute ideas but Nope- I haven't started Christmas yet- I am doing Thanksgiving here and want to do the Holiday up just right with Christmas decorating to follow- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous idea, love it! Your space is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute, Laurel! I love the pretty key "ornaments" I *normally* wouldn't be doing anything Christmas-y this early, but I'm doing some things for the shop and once it's all out...well, you know : ) Also, we are going to be out of town over Christmas for the first time ever, so I want a little time to enjoy our Christmas things before we leave!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh so pretty - you are so very creative - I love how your noggin works!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses.This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ... good luck.

    best time to visit munnar

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)