Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Wintery Welcome...


So the Christmas trees are packed away...and most of the decorations have disappeared until next year.  But I can't resist leaving some greens and snow out for a little bit longer...
This ice chest is the first thing people see when they come in my front door, so it always gets a little special "sprucing".



I added insulators to the bottom of this vintage tray for a little extra height.


A "chippingly charming" old drawer with jars and candles.


A cloche I made using a glass fixture shade, a wooden canister lid and an old drawer pull.


And here's my favorite part...did you see this lamp base?


I got this cool old light fixture base from a friend for my birthday.  (I love it...thanks Traci!)  My lamp needed a little more height...and it just happened to have a hole in the bottom that fit perfectly over the fixture.  Meant to be???  I think so.


So this is how it looked yesterday...I liked it but that big black lamp shade was bugging me. 


So I stopped in to a thrift store today and look what I found.  Lucky me :)


Much better...what do you think? 
Don't you love it when things just fall together.  It makes me so happy :)

I'll be linking up to...

French Country Cottage



And...

WhisperWood Cottage



Maybe I'll see you there...
Have a great week!

18 comments:

  1. Hi Minnesota Gal!!!
    Not sure how I found your blog...sure do enjoy all your finds and such! I've been staying away from "shopping"..BUT that may change this weekend...looks like some good estate sales. Trying to save for our vacation...
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vingette is so visually appealing and well put together. I especially like the cloche you made because it's different and so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ice chest entryway looks fabulous! How cool that piece of furniture is, all by itself, and I love the natural, wintry look you've given it. That thrifty burlap shade looks fabulous. What a great find. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh...you have really dressed up this chest so beautifully! I love everything, especially the drawer with the candles and the pretty cloche! I think the new {old} lamp shade goes so much better than the black, I love it. You were so lucky to find it!

    Happy Friday!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your vignette is full of wonderful wintery fun~ and the new shade looks so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning, Laurel! I love the mix of materials and adore the candle photo! Thanks for linking up this project, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there~ This looks soo pretty! I love the rustic elements with the pretty & the candles in that little sewing drawer~ beautiful vignettes! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Laurel,
    A lovely display and I love all the inventiveness you used in it. Love those teeny weeny insulators!!
    New Year Blessings to you my friend!
    xojanis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new lampshade! Makes it look so much cozier with the light coming through. You do such fantastic things!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your style. Amazing how one little thing like the lampshade can make so much difference. Your photos are wonderful and I still have my greenery out too!
    Thanks so much for linking up with VIF!
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sooo loving that cloche you made from the light fixture...gonna steal...uh borrow that idea:-)
    You're one lucky girl to find that lampshade...beautiful! Nice post!!Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the arrangement, and the lampshade change was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pleasing vignette. I especially like the lampshade. Springs on display??? That's great. I surely would NEVER have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful display you've created Laurel, and that lampshade was destined to be yours. It enhances it that much more. Love it all...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous. I love everything about this vignette. You have taken such wonderful vintage items and arranged them in such an interesting and lovely display. I love it all. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your chippy sewing drawer is awesome, I just love it! Glad to have found your blog!
    Take care
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved the ideas! Love the blog. I am a new follower. Your photos look great! I need help with close up shots! laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)