Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Out with the "New", In with the "Old"...wine crate shelves...

 

I've been slowly changing out anything "new" and replacing it with "old" junky character...this is a spot I've looking to re-do for a while now. Finally took out that "newer" store bought cupboard and replaced it with these repurposed wine boxes.


Because the wall sticks out there behind the "stool", I needed something shallow. I tried MANY boxes and drawers before finally finding these wine boxes and they were the perfect fit.

The wine "theme" works well because this is our guest bathroom which is off of the familyroom and small bar area.


Already filled 'em up...


Do you see an angel???


Every room needs a "cloche" of some sort, right?


Those are my kiddos...I like to remember when they were that little.


I made these little tealight holders by gluing mini jello molds to insulators.


And these pedestal bowls by gluing bigger Jello molds to light fixture bases. All stacked up...


Bathroom fixture handles make unique and kind of silly bowl fillers.




16 comments:

  1. looks fab!

    love the jello molds. and that vintage porcelain handle under the cloche! great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you arranged everything. Looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wine boxes are great. And, I love those numbers tucked into your shelves.

    If you have a minute, check out my latest blog post and you will see what I did to "reuse" some old things I had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the jello molds...I have some of those I've never used. Great shelf, too! I've enjoyed watching your home evolve!

    Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey laurel~
    Happy new year to you too!
    I just love what you've been doing in your last couple of posts really inspiring here. You have creatively found a spot for the shelves and filled them with all sorts of treasures. Really places your signature on your work.
    Rosemary...X

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the jello molds and porcelain fixtures. great idea! you've inspired me for some decor in our new bath renovation. i have those faucet handles on our vanity drawers. they are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy to have you join me at NTT...love those thrifty shelves...awesome look! I also LOVE the name of your blog:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you did with the wine boxes Laurel! Everything you have on the shelves looks great too!

    Happy New Year!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was visiting the other day and saw your boxes. Love that! I especially love the jello mold-insulator combination!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your fun goodies, Laurel...so whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Laurel,
    I like your style and I like your site. I'm following!

    Susan

    www.myhomeroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those numbers! Enjoyed browsing your blog tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool! Love the wine shelving- and love the items you used to decorate them. I also am trying to "renovate" our home with older items with more character. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laurel, I love this post, you packed so many great and unique ideas in it, I love them all, from the wine boxes to the bathroom fixture knobs... this is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Changing out the new with the old huh.... I think I have been doing some of that myself. Or at least changing out the old with older!

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the link...Pinned this one too...LOL...Christine from Little Brags

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)