Saturday, February 11, 2012

Old Windows...


Old windows...gotta love them.  I have tons of them...in my garage. 
When I saw the theme for Saturday Nite Special over at Funky Junk Interiors I thought "Fun...I've got lots of great ideas for those".  Then I realized...ideas are all I have.  The windows pile up but I have yet to accomplish much :)


Then I remembered these "Honeys"...my husband and I got these old chippy windows 11 1/2 years ago on our Honeymoon.  I posted about these special windows and the hutch my sweet husband made around them in one of my very first blog posts...way back when.  You can see the original post HERE...Sentimental Junk.


And here is another one...we got this window on our first anniversary getaway. 


You might also remember that little house he made for me. I'm trying it out in a new "home" above the smaller cupboard.

I'm not really thrilled about the placement...but it's the only other spot besides the top of the hutch where it has ALWAYS been...and you know sometimes a girl just needs a little change. If you read that Sentimental Junk post you know that it is a VERY special piece...but it is also a very BIG piece :)

So anyway, those are my old windows...I'll be linking them up over at Funky Junk Interiors for Sat Nite Special...and then I'm going to go peek around to see if I can get some more inspiration for the ones I've been hoarding collecting in my garage. 
See you there :)

16 comments:

  1. Betting you are gonna come up with something for your windows and I'll be seeing them in Long Lake at the beginning of March!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurel I really like the placement of the dollhouse on top of the hutch. They look like they are all one piece :) Great look.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I thought, what a cool idea to build the house on top of a case. It looks amazing! I'm sure you'll come up with some great ideas for your windows.
    I'm following along to see!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have it all displayed! What a great hubby to make that for you!

    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just know next time I drop by those windows will have had your special makeover. Thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous! I'm eyeing all your goodies inside and on the top too. I think the house looks perfect just where it is; I think they were meant to be together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just looked at two posts back-to-back about old windows - go check out Shabby Story's post. I love old windows too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love old windows too! I love what you did with yours! Beautiful!!!
    Sherry's Bees Nest

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nicely done Laurel!

    That's what I like about you. You put so much thought into your designs and the result is always something spectacular:)

    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, Love, Love old windows and I just love that cabinet. I think your adorable little house on top of the cabinet is perfect ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, Laurel...and love your little house, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laurel,
    Lucky you to have such a handy husband to build you such fabulous things! Old windows are one of my favorite things, can't pass them up! Can't wait to visit Funky Junk on Sat. to see what everyone's come up with!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love old windows too, but I only have a few, I am hoping to collect a "hoard of windows" too!

    Signed up thru google and linky as a follower
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the house that your hubby made...so SWEET! Have fun getting ready for the show...I know you will do GREAT.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. When the photos first started surfacing, mainstream
    TV, radio, newspapers, magazines and videos -- but no money,
    no honey. They want warmth and enthusiasm.
    Slowly, the waves of ecstasy flooding through me as each convulsion sprayed more jizz at my
    mate. Anyways the magnums are part of the increasingly popular B8 M8
    Network, a member of the fake vagina is his favorite. B No need for harsh elbow grease because the vagina is
    only the actual hole.

    Here is my web-site - male masturbation

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)