Friday, April 4, 2014

Spring Mantel...begging for some SUN shine...



Chipping with Charm:  Spring SUN Shine Mantel...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
More snow in Minnesota...and we are getting desperate for a little sunshine!!  How about you?
I decided to have a little fun with my Spring mantel...


Chipping with Charm:  Spring SUN Shine Mantel...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

I'm literally begging for some sunshine :)

Chipping with Charm:  Spring SUN Shine Mantel...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
SUN shine...

Chipping with Charm:  Spring SUN Shine Mantel...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
 ...pretty please??

Chipping with Charm:  Whimsical lantern nest...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
I added little whimsical "nests" to these Ikea lanterns I had on the porch.

Chipping with Charm:  Aqua Ladder Bookshelf...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
I shared my AQUA LADDER BOOKSHELF the other day.  More fun with color.  I am really switching up my normally "neutral" color scheme this Spring.

Chipping with Charm:  Junky Wine Bar...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
 It all stared with my JUNKY WINE BAR...with pops of red and aqua.

Chipping with Charm:  Sun Shine Spring Mantel...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
 So how about you?  Are you ready for some color...and LOTS of sunshine??

Chat soon,

14 comments:

  1. Yes it seems Old Man Winter wanted one more laugh at our expense. Hopefully all this snow will melt fast with the warm temps coming tomorrow!

    Love your mantel, so creative and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm certainly ready for some sunshine. We did have THREE days in a row and it was heaven. But yesterday it was sleety and rainy and foggy and grey and very wintery feeling. I am always anxious for spring but this year tops them all. My winter mantle still taunts me - even as I drape the little colorful Easter egg bunting across it for photographs! Maybe this weekend I will get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And one more thing - love the way your mantle looks. I just picked up 3 antique children's bowling pins (about half the size of "adult" bowling pins). Ideas???? What should I do with them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mantel and those chalkboards...have them on my junkin' list this weekend. Hopefully we'll be getting a little sunshine here this weekend, but it's pouring rain right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun, Laurel...and the "pretty please" sign made me laugh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous...I love the combination of the chalkboards and the giant letter.....pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have the best ideas. Love your "nests"

    ReplyDelete
  8. The temps are warmer here but lots of rain... April showers bring May flowers... So, guess I all this wet stuff is worth it... Your mantle looks great.. I love the way you brought together the word "sun". Lovely as always.. Hoping for sunnier days.. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Spring mantel!! We had bad storms here in Ohio last night...plus on and off rain today and it is very windy.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty aqua color to POP your spring mantle. I hope this is the last of snow until December!!!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the SUN in your life- maybe you should do this post again for SUNday!!! lol We have snow coming tonight and temps in the 20's. CRAZY weather!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your rusty sun and the chalkboards are fabulous, Laurel! At least you have some sunshine in your living room :). I would gladly send you some but it's raining here today and tomorrow. I thought of adding a bit of color here and there but I'm not sure I'm ready yet.
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  13. So clever and so sad that we all still seem to be waiting for spring to make an appearance. Love the billiard ball with the eggs too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have the most fun & interesting pieces!!!

    Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)