Monday, December 10, 2012

Rusty the Junky Reindeer...quirky centerpiece...


 
 
Meet "Rusty"...
 
 
I found this treasure the other day at an occasional sale for $2...and I couldn't resist!!  Looked like rusty antlers to me...
 
 
And then we walked into another shop and I spotted this old cow sign.  If I had a reindeer...or a cow or even a dog, RUSTY would definitely be his name-o :)
 
 
So there it is all layered up...and I'm ready to show off my "prize".  I didn't even have to go sit outside in a stand and freeze my "tail" for 2 days to bring this one home.  Sorry Mr. CwC...I'm lucky like that ;) 
 
Sharing this at...


Well, I guess I'm "mostly" done decorating...I think I'll show you little bits here and there. For some reason I get a little overwhelmed with the whole "House Tour" thing. Maybe it's because as I'm straightening and taking pictures of one room...my little "charmers" are destroying the other rooms?? Oh well...what can I say? I'm a mom :)
 

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday...we are enjoying a pretty "Snow Day" here in MN.  I LOVE the first snow!!
 
 
Chat soon,

10 comments:

  1. That does remind me of antlers, Laurel! Fun arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few rusty things on my house...and thanks for sharing this idea...now I will have a try on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the fresh snowcover, too! I'm with you on the whole house tour. This year the only thing you'd see in ours is piles of furniture everywhere!

    Love your Rusty sign. :@

    ReplyDelete
  4. How Sweet is This arrangement? I Love it. Those do look like antlers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great arrangement -- the sign is perfect! I'm finished decorating although I sit each night and continue to 'tweak' things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute and I love that sign!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your arrangement and the antler looking thing is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it fun when you find things that just sort of go together?! You 'layered' your finds up perfectly! Love it :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see the antlers. :-) Very cute idea.

    I feel like I am not organized this year. I also want to go through and get rid of many things which is hard to do. On top of that, I have a large dinner tonight for my quilt group. So now I am tearing apart my living room to fit three tables together. Do we like Christmas? Well...yes actually...to spite it all we do...lol.

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty. I love wood and metal. And, candles :)
    Followed you over from Funk Junk.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)