Monday, November 7, 2011

Getting into the Christmas Spirit...Centerpieces


I know, it's a little early for a Christmas centerpiece...


...but my church does a Women's Ministry Christmas event...called "Redeeming the Season".  (The idea was based on the book from Focus on the Family...you can find it HERE)  It focuses on "Simple ideas for making a memorable and meaningful Christmas".  And we have the event early so you can start out in the right direction :)

And by now you might know I'm the "Centerpiece Girl" for the Women's Minitry team...so I thought I'd show you what I did this time...kind of a "Winter Wonderland" theme.  Not really a very "Spiritual" theme...but God made snow right? ;)


In addition to a speaker, good food and an ornament exchange, there is always a "project".  This year my friend Joan showed everyone how to make these table runners...think Silhouette template, Sharpie and a star stamp.  Easy and really cute...


A scarf wrapped cylindar, battery operated twinkle lights, fresh greens, rusty springs and a shiny star.


I only had 2 of the matching red thrift store scarves...so the other 3 tables got these yarn wrapped cylindars.


The "podium"...


Real miniature trees...and fun filled rubber boots.  Red...


...and green.  I went the "traditional" route this time...if you call green filled rubber boots traditional :)

Well, now that I'm in the Cristmas mood...don't be surprised if I have my house decorated by Thanksgiving...I'm on a roll now!!!

Thanks for stopping by...
and since most of the items I used were "thrifted", I think I join in the fun over at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tues. 

Also sharing at...

See you there,

11 comments:

  1. Very nice job, Laurel! I'm sure it is a fun and blessed time for the ministry. The green boots next to the red chair was my favorite. Now I'm ready for Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! The boots make me smile--and your table vignette is darling; I love the reds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning!!!
    I sure enjoy visiting your blog and seeing your creative ideas! I love the "simple" look. It's charming!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those red are green boots really set it all off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun job to have. I'm glad you ran out of scarves because the yarn looks so good! Love the little chairs with the buckets of greenery and those boots are perfect.
    Love your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the arrangement in the garden boots-I am so going to do that this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These decorations are really charming, Laurel...and I've started a little outdoor decorating, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I LOVE it all. I love the crispness of the red and the greenery, and I am really digging the wool wrapped vases. I have to ask, did you spray paint the rubber boots, or were you lucky enough to find the perfect pairs?!? ;-) Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your style is so stinkin' cute!!! I love your version of "traditional!!! You are definitely on a roll and I'm so glad you stopped by to say hi and introduce yourself!!!

    I'm your newest follower for sure!!!

    Aimee @ ItsOverflowing.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those boots made me smile. Getting in the mood for some holiday decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful ideas. I love how simple they are and that they bring in a bit of nature too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)