Friday, December 5, 2014

The "Star" of Christmas Mantel 2014...Seek HIM


My mantel is always the first thing to get dressed for the season.  This year I think it tells a little story...

 It all started with this Palestine map I found on a fall getaway.
Bethlehem...where it all began.
Seek HIM.
That cool chippy arrow points the way.  
(I bought the arrow from a friend at Junk Bonanza.  Charity Gachne...she also sells at Mama's Happy. Great stuff!!)   
Chipping with Charm: Star of Christmas Mantel 2014...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/ 
All kinds of stars to lead the way :)
You might remember the big metal stars my husband made last year.
And did you notice that cool little bent metal star on the edge of the garland?  I bought a few of those from Patina General in Buffalo, MN.  You have probably seen them popping up here and there in my posts.  LOVE them!
Chipping with Charm: Star of Christmas Mantel 2014...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
 And there's that chalkboard again.  I made two to sell a couple of years ago.  (I bought some painted canvases at a garage sale.  Painted over the crazy polka dot picture with chalkboard paint and added a yardstick trim.)  I've used them on almost every mantel since.  I think they are here to stay :)
The aqua ladder bookshelf needed some lights too.
Chipping with Charm: Star of Christmas Mantel 2014...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
I love that quote "Wise men still seek Him"...

Sharing this at...
Funky Junk Interiors...Party Junk 
Vintage Inspiration Party 

I hope your Christmas preparations are going well.

I will probably be checking in more often these next few weeks.  Lots of Christmas creating going on around here :)
Chat soon,

8 comments:

  1. Laurel,
    It looks darling! The stars are so sweet. I love the chalk board too. The snow picture of the children is just dear!
    Merry Christmas!
    Smiles, alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your mantel!!! That map is fabulous, and love the way you incorporated it into your mantel that tells the story of why we celebrate! So many great items...stars, chalkboards, arrow!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pretty mantel and the aqua ladder with lights!! I just love the glow of Christmas lights!! :) Have a wonderful weekend!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mantel and all the creative goodies. The map is the perfect focal point, so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mantel is fab and the map really adds to the story on the mantel. Love your creativity with your mantel this year.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen so many blogs of Christmas decor, but I have to say...
    This is the Most Beautiful Display of Sweet Christmas!!!!!! I LOVE it!!!!!!
    Beautifully done, you say simple, yes but oh so Elegant!!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing ;)
    "the Reason for the Season!"
    Beth/Durant, Ok

    ReplyDelete
  7. danke für die bilder und einen schönen 2. advent wünscht angie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You get the award for most original and charming Christ centered mantel! Love your style and creativity! Have a Blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)