Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Repurposed Salt Lid "Star" Christmas Ornament


Chipping with Charm: Repurposed Salt Shaker Lid Ornament...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
Yep, I am "one of those"...
 I've started on my Christmas decorating and creating.
When you sell your wares in retail you have to find a way to "jump" into the Christmas "Spirit" a little earlier than most. We needed to have our booth at Antiques Downtown  ready for Christmas shoppers by November 1st this year, so that got me started.  And we celebrate Thanksgiving at my parents' house, so that frees me up to "dig in" a little earlier.  
(And hopefully be all decorated and ready to relax and enjoy in December?) 
I'm not going to lie...most years I just keep on creating up until December 24th. I can't help myself...its my favorite time of year.  And once I start I can't stop!

This is my first repurposed ornament of the season...

Chipping with Charm: Repurposed Salt Shaker Lid Ornament...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
 I found a bunch of these lonely shaker tops a while back at a favorite treasure spot.
Chipping with Charm: Repurposed Salt Shaker Lid Ornament...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
I though the design looked like a star.
Chipping with Charm: Repurposed Salt Shaker Lid Ornament...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
 I few little bits and bobbles came together to make this sweet little sparkly ornament.
Chipping with Charm: Repurposed Salt Shaker Lid Ornament...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
I always grab these old "Star" keys when I see them.
Chipping with Charm: Repurposed Salt Shaker Lid Ornament...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
I just tied them all together with some skinny twine...and that was that.
Don't worry about us...we will find PLENTY of time to be grateful before, during and after Thanksgiving.  I PROMISE :) 
Coastal Charm for Show and Share 
Vintage Inspiration Party
Funky Junk Interiors for Sat Night Special 

Chat soon,

12 comments:

  1. So cute and clever Laurel. Love all the simple elements, but it packs a big punch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea. I love creative homemade ornaments.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fun project. Sure was nice to see you on Friday!
    I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great re love of these items into cute ornaments. So sweet and very unique.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. so simple, but it is so great idea, like usually :)
    ps. kisses from Poland:*

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so smart! Your ornaments are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laurel, this is so funny. I have a collection of salt and pepper tops on an old shelf in my kitchen. Never thought about gussien them up!
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Smiles, alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another cute creation my friend. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. The ornament turned out just wonderful, Laurel. Great idea!
    Have a happy Sunday!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laurel,
    leave it to you to come up with such a clever idea for using something most people would throw out! Very cute!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)