Friday, March 27, 2015

Embellished Thrift Store Art...thinking SPRING :)


Chipping with Charm: Embellished Thrift Store Art...www.chipping withcharm.blogspot.com
I've seen some fun embellished art pieces online and in shops.  So when I found these three hand painted canvas paintings at the thrift store...I decided it would be fun to play a bit...

Chipping with Charm: Embellished Thrift Store Art...www.chipping withcharm.blogspot.com Here's a "before"...
Doesn't this look serene? 
Chipping with Charm: Embellished Thrift Store Art...www.chipping withcharm.blogspot.com I added my words with stamps and white acrylic paint.  I wanted the words to be sort of haphazard and imperfect.
Chipping with Charm: Embellished Thrift Store Art...www.chipping withcharm.blogspot.com A few buttons added with Amazing Goop glue.  In this case the are "shells" on the beach.
Chipping with Charm: Embellished Thrift Store Art...www.chipping withcharm.blogspot.com RESTORE...my soul.
Chipping with Charm: Embellished Thrift Store Art...www.chipping withcharm.blogspot.com PEACE...like a river
Chipping with Charm: Embellished Thrift Store Art...www.chipping withcharm.blogspot.com
Buttons for water bubbles.
Chipping with Charm: Embellished Thrift Store Art...www.chipping withcharm.blogspot.com
DELIGHT..ful
Chipping with Charm: Embellished Thrift Store Art...www.chipping withcharm.blogspot.com Little random key and button flowers.
Chipping with Charm: Embellished Thrift Store Art...www.chipping withcharm.blogspot.com
I think these will be a fun pop of color and set the scene for spring in our booth at Antiques Downtown.

And speaking of art...
Chipping with Charm: Drawer to art Frame...www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com
  Did you see the way I framed my mother-in-law's watercolor painting in a chippy drawer?
Posting 2 days in a row? 
Guess I'm feeling inspired :)

Sharing this at...
Funky Junk Interiors...Party Junk 
Coastal Charm...Show and Share 

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
We're hoping to have some warmer temps here again in MN.
I guess I'd better get those dry, nasty winter greens off the front porch...yikes!

Chat soon, 

13 comments:

  1. Cute idea with the buttons and "playing". I did see the drawer frame for your MIL's picture. I think it is great. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you added your touch to those paintings. Great idea!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you framed your MIL's painting....very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had way too much fun Laurel. Way to go -- especially with those fun buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurel, Galatians 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. It shows in your love for design.
    Love your design ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have never thought to do that! Stepping out of the box. Thanks for sharing! I love your choice of words. Blessings, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever way to dress up some inexpensive paintings. Love the addition of the buttons too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I always have those thrift store paintings in my hand but then I am not sure what to do with them. I will have to make the purchase next time and give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so crazy in love with this idea Laurel! I'd never have taken a 2nd glance at paintings like these until now! Featuring you this weekend in Party Junk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are so sweet! I love them and what a great idea!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete

  11. I've been looking for photos and articles on this topic over the past few days due to a school assignment,
    and I'm really happy to find a post with the material I was looking for! I bookmark and will come often! Thanks :D


    Check my page: 오피 (jk)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)