Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Basement Entry "Coat Room" Redo...hooks, lockers and signs...

The entry from the garage goes right in to the laundry room.  It is a dark and dreary place...so please excuse the "not so good pictures"...

Here is a before picture...I actually took this after I started sorting the spot for the redo.  Can you picture the rod FULL of coats and that little dollhouse shelf SPILLING over with shoes?  What a mess! We lived like that for FAR too long. 
This is a "during" picture.  First, we removed the rod and the cupboard to the left.  Next, we painted the area with gray paint leftover from another room.
Chipping with Charm:  Basement Entry LOTS of Hooks...www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com
We added a bunch of industrial looking hooks.  
I found mine on Ebay...you can get yourself some HERE. 
Chipping with Charm:  Basement Entry turned Coat Room...www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com
   We stacked up 2 sets of shoe bins and attached them to the wall for safety.  Last, we purchased another set of old school lockers from my friends at Antiques Downtown.
One locker for each kid...and my husband has plans for the 3rd one to hold some of his work clothes around the corner.
Chipping with Charm:  Entry Closet Redo with Vintage Lockers...www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com
  (You might remember the other set we used in our ENTRY CLOSET REDO)
Chipping with Charm:  Basement Entry Redo, Arrow Signs...www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com I have been waiting patiently for these IN and OUT arrow signs to arrive from Painted Fox :)
 Chipping with Charm:  Basement Entry Redo, Arrow Signs...www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com 
I think they add a little pop of vintage looking color to brighten up this dark space.
Chipping with Charm:  Basement Entry turned Coat Room...www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com
This is working so much better for us!  
I sure wish we would have rethought this space YEARS ago.
Better late than never??

Thanks for stopping by!
We are still busy working on our family room.  Can't wait to share it with you too.

Sharing this at...
Funky Junk Interiors...Party Junk
Coastal Charm...Show and Share 

Hope everyone is having a good week.
Chat soon,

9 comments:

  1. Laurel I love this and agree better late than never. It is awesome. I cannot wait to see your family room.
    You are on a roll girl.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has just the right touch of Chipping with Charm. I found as my kids got larger so did their "stuff". Having an easily accessible place for it helped with my sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The old lockers are so handy. Love the "new"!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurel you did a great job and I agree with Bliss as their stuff gets bigger there is room. Can't wait to see the room

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post..
    beautiful pics

    http://obatherbaluntukfaringitis33.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great project, Laurel! So functional and looks so great, too! Lockers are so great for hiding the mess!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks ways much better! you are right - it's better late than never.

    Domestic cleaning Wimbledon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)