Thursday, May 31, 2012

Vintage Headboard Patio Fence

I spent the afternoon outside...I was planting up this old ash cans when I realized that I don't think I've posted about our vintage headboard patio fence.

We had been looking for a way to add a little "character" to an otherwise "blah" concrete patio.  My husband stumbled across a a bunch of these vintage head boards at a junk sale while out and about.  (Little did we know at the time that it was a "Divine Connection."  It was actually The Country Junk Sale...you know the one I'm always talking about??? Larry and Cindy have since become friends and booth mates for the last 3 Junk Market Shows...cool huh?) 


My husband buried some PVC tubes into the ground and set the base of the metal headboards right down into the tubes...does that make sense?


Rusting to perfection...
I've been meaning to add some kind of finial to the top of the headboards for the last few years.  I just haven't found the "right" thing yet...maybe this is the year :)


I still love it after all these years...


Such a great place to relax and enjoy :)

(P.S. as I look at these pictures I realize how sad those chairs look...they definitely need some "sprucing" and maybe a couple of outdoor pillows.  Add that to "the list"...to be continued...)

Have a great weekend...I hope to finish up a few projects so I can show you all next week.

Sharing at...


Chat soon,

15 comments:

  1. What a great idea, Laurel and what a wonderful find those headboards were! Looks charming!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The headboard fence looks amazing! I guess your hubby has a great eye for junk too! Looks like a beautiful backyard!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a rebel!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laurel!
    I just found, curbside, a shabby daybed frame and was thinking "garden"...hm...maybe patio would be nicer! Thanks for the idea! Love how yours looks!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. I love the look it creates. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ide Laurel... and so lucky to have so many of them! They look great around your patio.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you've been holding out on us! That is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS... today I saw in Minnetonka someone copied you!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great idea, love these type of headboards, really makes the patio so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm envious that your husband would think to pick up such cool junk for you! What a guy.
    Great way to install them too. And the ash can planters, perfect touch.
    What a great patio.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is ridiculously awesome! Love the definition yet will allow beautiful blooms to shine on through. Great project!!!

    Shared on FJI Facebook and pinned for SNS 138. :)

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150979987511141&set=a.192514281140.164586.175378011140&type=1&theater

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are going to put a new fence up for privacy and to give some protection from the weather, it's just deciding what type of fence. I really like Dear Genevieve's idea for covering an outdoor railing in fabric and we will probably do something similar with shade cloth.
    fencing options

    ReplyDelete
  13. บริการเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ปี 2022 เกมให้เลือกเล่นมากกว่า 1,000 เกมซุปเปอร์สล็อต678 สล็อตออนไลน์ ซุปเปอร์สล็อต ซุปเปอร์สล็อต78

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)