Saturday, October 20, 2012

Another Garden Tool Re-assigned...the perfect shovel for candles



You may have noticed a little "theme" going on here at CwC :)
I have been having fun playing and re-assigning some old garden tools to new "jobs" in my home...


This little shovel now holds a photo.


And in that same post I showed you how I used a hand rake "4 keys" :)


Then yesterday, I shared my version of the popular "Rake Wreath"

And today...last but not least...


...I'll show you this fun little shovel top I picked up at the Country Junk Sale last weekend.  Perfectly rusty, I just cleaned him up...sprayed him with a matte poly and put him to work holding some candles and a gourd.


And did you see my sign back there?  I bought that from my friend and "booth buddy" Joan from our new spot at Antiques Downtown.  Don't you love it?  It's on an old chair back...appropriate don't you think?  Sometimes we all need a little reminder...

The Lord will fight for you; you need only be still.
Exodus 14:14

This verse has helped me through some "rough patches" in the last few months...and now it has extra special meaning to me because it reminds my of my friend Vicki at More Powerful Beyond Measure.  She is fighting the fight of her life against breast cancer.  After I read that post, I told her about Joan's sign in our booth and I told her that every time I saw it I would say a prayer for her...well Vicki, now it's at my house!!!  Saying even more prayers for you my friend!!

So I think that's the last of the "garden tool" posts for now...but probably not forever :)



Sharing this at...


Hope everyone has a great weekend!
I have lots of creating to do :)
Chat again soon,

16 comments:

  1. Another Clever idea! I think I may have one of these shovels out in my flower bed, as a decoration. I will have to check on that. Thanks for all your wonderful garden tool ideas. Have a wonderful weekend!

    sandraallen260@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do realize I am going to have to buy every old tool I see at garage sales next year. Cuz what if I need them to copy you? I do have a shovel......

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohhhh. . . i have SO many old garden tools - i actually USE a lot of them in my gardens, too!
    I do se them to decorate as well - i really like your key holder - GREAT idea!
    breida

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shovel looks great as a center piece. I really love old garden tools right now so I'm loving your fun finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My you are creative! You give an all new meaning to the word "repurposing".

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is certainly a cute idea. I think the hubby would have my head examined if I had that as a center piece. I think it would look great on a porch...an slight compromise. I doubt he'd mind that too much!
    thanks for the great ideas! keep'em coming! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have just made my heart so full!!! Thank you sweet Laurel...I feel your prayers every second of the day! God is so thoughtful...He knows just when I need reminding He is fighting for me through people like you.
    I love you!
    I am liking those tools too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love all of these! Great ideas for dressing these tools and the sign is beautiful.... So glad He IS fighting for us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laurel,
    I love this post. You are truly a gentle soul. Vicki has a good warrior on her side.
    Love and smiles, alice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, cute, cute!!!!! Got any clever ideas on how I can use some old pitch fork tops I found recently? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet, Laurel...Vicki is a lovely woman! I love all of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE all of your creative repurposed pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  13. EVERYONE needs this reminder. i think i need one for each of my childrens rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was alternating between hard and fast and after
    about 10 minutes of use, do not be mistaken, the air seal is good because the amount I used the fleshlight.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A pocket pussy is more likely to be just
    straight up pain. That's just plain stupid. In the modern world of telecommunications, bytes, downloading and uploading we can really be! No offence but your lazy eye is distracting. Just remember to have fun with his Pocket Pussy buddy everywhere.

    Visit my webpage: fleshlight

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)