Thursday, December 30, 2010

"Warm" Wishes...


Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  We had a quiet one...my extended family celebrates over New Year's so it was just the 4 of us for Christmas.  Full of family time, special treats and LOTS of snow! As you can see, all of my outdoor decorations have gone "missing" under all that white "fluffy stuff".


Here's something not completely covered...



And of course the porch got some fresh greens and winter finds...



My "Little Charmers" enjoyed their gifts and goodies.  "Their mom" even baked a few treats...which is a stretch for me...I am NOT a "baker".  They loved it :)

We started a new tradition this year.  We talked about the wisemen and their gifts for baby Jesus.  I asked them what gifts they would bring to Jesus...my youngest answered right away..."Puppies, kitties, Barbie's and princesses".  My oldest thought for a bit and then said "I would give him my heart".  Sniff, sniff...now that made MY Christmas!


ANYTHING Star Wars was at the top of my 7 year olds list!



And my 3 year old asked for a "real" baby sister...needless to say, Santa didn't deliver on that request.  But she seemed pleased with the Barbie Princess she got instead :)



Hope you had a very Merry Christmas and wishing you lots of happiness and many blessings in 2011!  2010 was amazing for me...I was blessed both in my personal and junk business life.  One thing I'm praying for is a little more "balance" this coming year.  God first, Family and friends second and "junk" third.  Think I can do it?  We'll see :)
Hope you have a safe and happy New Year's celebration...CHEERS!

Linking this post to Funky Junk SNS


AND P.S...my Clothes Pin Wreath has been "featured" over at Beyond the Picket Fence.  Stop over and check out the "Under $100" Linky Party.  So many great ideas!  Thanks Becky :)

9 comments:

  1. love that clothespin wreath-who knew you could do that with a "thingie"?
    Your New Year's resolution may be a little hard, but you can do it (maybe)
    Happy New Year
    gail
    adventuresininnkeeping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a way more populated Christmas than you, but yours sounds precious and that answer your boy gave, just perfect! They are both so adorable, stunning really. No snow in Texas! Congrats on the feature...I haven't been online much with all the festivities, but I did meet up, in person, for the first time with a bloggy friend today and that was cool!

    Happy New Year! Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there ~ Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas and what a beautiful family picture!
    Happy New Year to you and yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Laurel-
    Love this post. So personal, with two beautiful children expressing themselves, lovely photos and just such a great read.
    Your new year plans are great, and I am sure you can do it. ;) I'm still working on my plans for 2011.
    How precious the baby sister request and yours sons gift he'd bring. Priceless...
    Take care-
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  5. laurel,
    what a truly special way to spend your christmas...and what a beautiful bunch you are!
    and awww how sweet your little boy is...such a tender heart.
    praying your goals for 2011 are met with success.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post! Happy New Year! I hope you find balance in 2011. It is something I pray for almost everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your children are so precious! Sounds like you had the perfect Christmas.
    I totally agree with you on the priorities issue, balance is so hard to achieve. It really hit home for me when I realized I had not seen one of my best friends (who lives less than 5 minutes away) since before LAST Christmas! What happened? We kept saying we would get together and we never did. I certainly wasn't very agressive about it..too busy with other things like blogging and junk projects. How awful! This year will be different.
    Love your clothespin wreath too! Congrats on the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of the holiday decor..but really, I love that light saber! That is awesome:) We have a couple of Jedi Knights in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)