Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Playful Valentine Vignette...another vintage toy truck...

Chipping with Charm:  Toy Truck Valentine Vignette...http://chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

I don't do a lot of "Valentines" decor at my house...but this playful little vignette sort of fell into place the other day.

Chipping with Charm:  Toy Truck Valentine Vignette...http://chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

I bought this little True Value truck on a little getaway over Christmas break...do you love it?  I do :)

Chipping with Charm:  Toy Truck Valentine Vignette...http://chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

The "John 3:16" sign was(yet again) made by my talented friend and booth buddy Joan...

Chipping with Charm:  Toy Truck Valentine Vignette...http://chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

Chipping with Charm:  Toy Truck Valentine Vignette...http://chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

Stacked books, pop bottles and bowling pins for "trees".

Chipping with Charm:  Toy Truck Valentine Vignette...http://chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

I can't wait to use this truck for napkins when it's done here...


A closer look.
Am I too old to play with toys??

Chipping with Charm:  Cozy Winter Mantel...http://chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

Did you see the one on my WINTER MANTEL?

Chipping with Charm:  Toy Truck Valentine Vignette...http://chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

Hope everyone is having a great week!!
I need to stop "playing" around and start getting ready for JMS Trunk Show on Feb. 1st!!
Interested?  More details here...

My name isn't on the list because I joined in at the last minute...which is why I have so MUCH to do!!
I'll check in here and there to show you what I'm up to :)

Sharing this at...




Chat soon,
Laurel

18 comments:

  1. I love it when things just fall into place! Trucks are so much fun to "play with" around the house and in vignettes!
    Maybe I'll get to the show on the 1st!
    Keep warm!
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your vignettes but this one with the bowling pins and the springs around the bottles, not to mention the toy truck, is awesome! I think I need a little toy truck now, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurel,
    Very cute vignette. Love your little true value truck. Adorable.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, I too love the old trucks. I have 2 around and want more....LOL One is on mu kitchen table and holds my salt and pepper shakers. Thanks for sharing, have a great day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your display is adorable and the truck is fabulous! Great luck finding it. And no, I don't think your ever too old to play with trucks. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So darn cute and perfect for hauling all kinds of junk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute....this would look wonderful in my little boys room....great finds! Christine from Little BRags

    ReplyDelete
  8. The toy trucks can get a little addictive! Good luck at the show. Once again, I wish I lived closer. It seems like all the cool shows are in Minnesota or Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE!! I decorate same way. Does not have to have hearts or be anything related to Valentines Day. Just lots of red...

    blessings
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE it!! I still think playing or having unique like vintage toys to display with is pretty cool! I also love that you put the old rusty springs on the pop bottles!! And that is a very unique display also but all goes together so great. Laurel oh howI would love to have a play date with you!! Repurposing and hunting for the cool junque!! Thanks again for sharing with us your gift of up cycling etc.etc.!! XOXO Love Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love the bowling pins, truck & globe. It all works so well together! And the John 3:16 sign is fantastic!

    Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love, love, love this vignette. I want the bowling pins! Thanks for linky up to my Junk It Up party at Petticoat Junktion

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderfully fun vignette. And, no, you never get too old to play with toys - especially vintage ones. Love the springs on the bottles idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. very enjoyable vignette ... love the old trucks to decorate with. I am on the look-out for the perfect one. Cute idea of springs on the bottles.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is SO fun, Laurel...love it all! Good luck with your sale!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this decoration and the vintage toy truck is looking great. I love Vintage Farm Toys

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow lovely decoration and lovely truck...
    Farm Toys

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Dear,

    i Like Your Blog Very Much..I see Daily Your Blog ,is A Very Useful For me.

    Friction Powered Dump Truck Toy with Lights and Sound for Kids Construction Toy (Battery Included) …



    Visit Now - https://www.amazon.com/Friction-Powered-Construction-Battery-Included/dp/B01M8GEBHN/ref=sr_1_1?m=A3KIGJ5D7AQK8I&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1504848588&sr=1-1&keywords=B01M8GEBHN



    Toy TruckFriction Powered Dump Truck Toy with Lights and Sound for Kids Construction Toy (Battery Included) …

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)