Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Salvaged Fence Arrows...with perfect little aqua hinge tails...


Chipping with Charm: Salvaged Fence Arrows...www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com
 Is anyone else still "arrow obsessed"?

Chipping with Charm: Salvaged Fence Arrows...www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com
This idea started with some fence pieces I salvaged from another project...
Chipping with Charm: Salvaged Fence Arrows...www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com
I know most of you probably have a "fancy" stencil maker...but I did it the lazy way...painters tape :)
Chipping with Charm: Salvaged Fence Arrows...www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com
Pretty quick and slick :)
Chipping with Charm: Salvaged Fence Arrows...www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com
 I had been saving this stash of sweet little aqua hinges for a while now.  So glad...because I think they make the perfect arrow tail.
Chipping with Charm: Salvaged Fence Arrows...www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com
I decided to try some bigger ones too.
Chipping with Charm: Salvaged Fence Arrows...www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com
More hinge tails.
Chipping with Charm: Salvaged Fence Arrows...www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com
These fence pieces were already painted gray.  I used them "as is".
Chipping with Charm: Salvaged Fence Arrows...www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com
I just LOVE my little assortment of arrows.
Now to decide...which to keep and which to take to our booth at Antiques Downtown.  I tend to be an "arrow hoarder"...

Sharing this at...
Vintage Inspiration Party
Funky Junk Interiors...Upcycled Link Party

Chat soon,

14 comments:

  1. love...love...love !!! if I was shopping in your store, I'd buy one !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fantastic.Love arrows too...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever. I love the unique creativity you always have Laurel. These are great.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE them, Laurel! The aqua hinges are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them and pinned them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hinges are PERFECT for the feathers at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pinned. Great idea. Love the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't you so clever! Love them and wish they were available on line1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laurel, I'm head over heels in love with these scrappy little arrows... using picket tips was genius! Featuring these on Party Junk this upcoming weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. super cute idea and a great way to use the scraps! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)