Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bed Springs to Chandelier Shades...junky details...




Chipping with Charm:  Springs for Chandelier "Shades"...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
Yet another "simple idea"...
A while back a Facebook follower posted a picture of her chandelier on my page and asked if I had any ideas for shades.  I immediately thought of springs...and it's been in my head ever since :)
Chipping with Charm:  Springs for Chandelier "Shades"...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
I decided to try it on my dining room fixture.
What do you think?
Chipping with Charm:  Springs for Chandelier "Shades"...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
All lit up.
I decided to add some vintage crystals too...just for fun.
Chipping with Charm: Flower Basket to Chippy Light Fixture...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
 I think it "coordinates" with my...
CHIPPY ENTRY LIGHT
Sharing this at...
Beyond the Picket Fence for Under $100 Link Party
Funky Junk Interiors for Sat Nite Special
Knick of Time Tuesday
Show and Share at Coastal Charm

We have been busy with Vacation Bible School this week.  
Today during the lesson today I asked if anyone knew what a "Disciple" was...and one little boy said "It's when you take old stuff and make it into something new". So cute...I guess recycle does rhyme with disciple :)
I still remember my awesome weeks of VBS as a kid.  I hope these little people feel the same way when they are 40+!!

Chat soon,

15 comments:

  1. Such a fun and whimsical light treatment, Laurel! And I have wonderful memories of VBS, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius Laurel. This is really clever and so unique. Love it.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I use to love vacation bible school!! Those were such sweet memories and times! :) How cute of that little boy! Love your chippy lights and with the crystals!! Have a wonderful rest of the week, enjoy bible school!! :) xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! I have some rusty springs...now I need to find a light to add them too.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the creative ways you use old springs, including this project. What a cute story, they're so innocent at this age. I have the best memories of VBS...always a special two weeks of our summers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's pretty dang great! I had forgotten about your dome light cover and it give me an idea for blinging out my kitchen light. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! What a fun way to add a rustic touch to your chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of old springs!! I spent eight hours tearing a queen size bed apart and still have yet to utilize all those springs :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way cool, and love the look. I have the bed spring but now I need to find a light! Great way to add rusty charm to a chandelier. It was sweet of you to stop by and let me know you liked my vintage dish lid towel holders!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The springs are so cute! Love the VBS story :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laurel, I bought this exact light at a junk store about a month ago with intentions of painting it and adding a little charm. I hung it on my back porch over my old iron table and chairs. I am so "borrowing" your bed springs and crystals idea! I'll blog it and link the credit back to you. First I've got to retrieve that old box springs that I've been eye-ing dumped on someones property. I'm sure they will appreciate me picking up their trash!
    Thanks for the idea, my friend!
    Wishing you God's best,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chipping with Charm: Springs for Chandelier "Shades"... ccrystalshade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vampires is not at all like in the movies or books. Sure, I understand. You are young you have the whole world open to you. You can be anything that you choose if you apply yourself and try hard to work toward that goal. But being a Vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, But how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity, I can help you solve any problem you are having
    (1) If you want your ex back.
    (2) If you want to stop having bad dreams.
    (3) You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4) You want women/men to run after you.
    (5) If you want a child.
    (6) You want to be rich.
    (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
    (8) If you need financial assistance.
    (9) If you want to stop your divorce.
    (10 If you want to divorce your husband.
    (11) If you want your wishes to be granted.
    contact the Vampires Lord on his Email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)