Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Kitchen Drawer to Chalkboard Shelf...



This old drawer used to be a "junk drawer" in our kitchen...gathering paper clips and random things that didn't have a home.  Then when we did our little kitchen cupboard re-do...
10+ years ago now...I'm now "patiently" waiting for re-do #2!) ....it lost it's spot.  So then it gathered dust in our garage instead.


I recently "rescued" it from the garage...added a shelf...


...and some chalkboard paint.


Now it's moved up from storing hidden junk like rubber bands and pens without lids...to pretty "junk".  Like my lovely aqua SCRAPER PHOTO HOLDER.  Which by the way got a LOT of "love" on my Chipping with Charm FACEBOOK page.  Glad to hear I'm not the only one who can appreciate a pretty old tool :)


The wood on the bottom of the drawer was pretty rough.  I just used glue dots to attach a couple of book pages from an old cook book.  I didn't want them to be glued on permanently in case it switches rooms.  Things tend to move around here quite a bit.


And did you notice my chippy old paper towel holder?
Works perfect for holding rolls of "art" paper too.


Which is slick because my little artists keep their supplies right here in these old dairy boxes.


And I can't let you go with out telling you that these little cuties belonged to my grandmother.  She had a salt and pepper collection.  They make me smile...how about you?



Thanks for stopping!

Chat soon, 

17 comments:

  1. omg, i love this drawer! I start to look like this:)

    kisses from Poland:*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great drawer and I love the paper towel holder for that roll of paper! I'm thinking I need that in my classroom this year!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. a PERFECT junk drawer indeed - you are too smart!!

    ♥ http://www.NorthernCottage.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this re-purposed drawer! Super idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a neat idea....pinning once again. Christine from Little Brags

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable!!! I love it!! Now I want to make one but I don't have any drawers.... :( You have the best ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply wonderful! I am pinning this to SOME board -- not sure which one! Love how you added the shelf and kept the liner 'changeable'. I find I move things from room to room a lot as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea..Your grandmother would be thrilled you displayed her treasures on it!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. such cuteness. always love it here.
    blessings
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to make a junk drawer a junk drawer of cool junk. Love that clock. I'm going to have to pin that to my clock board!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neat, Laurel! Love that clock too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your new shelf and your paper holder, too! SO creative, Laurel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! This is a great idea - love it so much! Saw this on your HomeTalk page. Please come link this post on our Brag About It party! It's perfect. All the best ~ Sharon and Denise
    BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop

    Follow us:
    Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Bloglovin ~ Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! This is a great idea - love it so much! Saw this on your HomeTalk page. Please come link this post on our Brag About It party! It's perfect. All the best ~ Sharon and Denise
    BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop

    Follow us:
    Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Bloglovin ~ Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your chalkboard drawer, and of course I love your vintage clocks, they're a weakness of mine!! ~Ann at Tarnished Royalty

    ReplyDelete
  16. I simply adore project upcycled from drawers and this one is FABULOUS!!! Hugs...TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)