Saturday, June 11, 2011

Some Junk on My Porch...


I LOVE using junk outside...because let's face it, if you don't know what it is, put a plant in it and you are good to go :) Here are a few photos of my porch last Spring after visiting MY FAVORITE sale of the year...the Country Junk Sale.




This old springy chair was one of my favorite finds...pots in the spring, pumpkins in the fall.



My husband actually purchased these green metal bins at an auction.  He "thought" he was going to use them for storage in his shop...silly, silly man. ;)

I added the rusty license plates with magnets for fun.



And a little ladder for layering...


And a little rusty bouquet.


This old scale was another favorite CJS find...


"Fairbanks Patent".  Why do I love old things with words or company names???


And this is a great place to hang a plant don't you think?  I got a bunch of these milk can lids on an auction.  LOTS of ideas for these...


And another rusty plate on this metal chair...completes our little outdoor tour :)

If you live anywhere near Monticello, MN...you should definitely head over next weekend for the Country Junk Sale!  I'll be there...can't wait to show you what I find this year!

I'll be joining in on the fun over at Funky Junk Interiors for Sat. Nite Special.  This isn't exactly "patio decor" but right now my patio is full of bikes and a basketball hoop.  We're hosting a little get together next weekend so after I "whip it into shape", I'll show you that too :)

Also sharing at...

Sharing my little "naked" loveseat at Funky Junk Interiors for Sat Nite Special...repurposed furntiure :)

Enjoy your weekend!
Chat soon,

32 comments:

  1. Hi Laurel,
    You've got some great junk on your porch and it's how you so beautifully styled it all that really makes it work. Love the chair, I see how that would be fun to decorate year round.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your porch is fabulous. I love all of your "junk". It looks wonderful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh...when I find something and I'm not sure of what to do with it, it usually turns into a planter!

    I love what you have done on your porch. It looks rustic and perfect!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Laurel,
    Beautiful stuff as usual! BTW I have the other end of that rusty shovel. I was out walking one day and found the rusty handle! Together we could put it back together! LOL
    xo Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just adorable...love all the license plates...love the rust!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE all your "JUNK"!! Your porch looks beautiful! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your poch! How awesome! Loving the ladder display and that "springy" chair. What awesome ideas!
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I just have to say I LOVE your junk on the front porch. How homey and cozy. I agree anything with a plant in it is fabulous ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's some cute junk on your porch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your 'junky' porch! You have some great pieces on display. It looks just sweet, I think. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you have done with all of your great "junk". Such fun pieces you have to work with.

    Silly hubby who thought those bins would best be used in the garage. What was that man thinking???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos.

    I had to laugh at if you don't know what it is, put a plant in it. Even if you know what is it, but the bottom has rusted out, you can stick a plant in that too. I picked up two coal buckets in a pile of buckets today at an auction that were missing their bottoms. They'll soon be planters.

    @oldblockhouse

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love junk... Cheap and fun... Your porch looks beautiful..

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay so now I'm totally stealing... ummmm I mean borrowing... your idea of old license plates nailed to the front of Garden Boxes! *Winks* I have two Vintage wooden Garden boxes that would look great with that type of look to finish them off just right.

    Glad to hear I'm not the only one where when I don't know what to do with it I stick it outside with a plant in it! *LOL*

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great junk you have! I love the rusty bouquet and those green bins with the license plates attached.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! You did a fantastic job of showing off your porch and all of your treasures!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Popping over to say hello for the "Blog Party"! this is a super cute display on your porch! i host a garden party on Thursday's & would love to have you come by to peek around or even link up?!? hope to see you sometime! xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your home must have the MOST curb appeal in your area! Beautiful staging with all your junk and plants :) Very pretty!!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Laurel, LOVE your junk. Very nicely displayed. I am looking forward to Spring weather and fresh blooming plants.
    Blessings.
    Audrey Z. Timeless Treasures.
    http://audreyzumwalt.blogspot.com/2012

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've got such a knack for putting it all together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)