Monday, June 20, 2011

Dish Love...

So...I took a quick run through the thrift store yesterday and look what I found...


This cute little vintage cup and saucer goes with a set I bought at a flea market a few years back...I found a big old box full and I literally gasped out loud!!!
Lucky the price was right because there would have been no way I could have played off that reaction...everyone around me knew I was in love. (Except for maybe my husband who had the "nerve" to give me "that look" and tell me I didn't need anymore dishes. Now I don't make it a practice of ignoring my husband but in this case...I didn't give him a second look. They had already stole my heart.)


You might remember them from my Sentimental Junk post when I gave you a little peek at the treasures in the hutch my sweet hubby made for me.


And honestly, I don't know anything about them other than this is what it says on the bottom.

UPDATE...thank you to Ceekay from Thinkin of Home for the info on my dishes :) The pattern is Gay Nineties by Marcrest :)

Here's a closer look...



Cups and saucers...


Just look at these little scenes...


Three different plate sizes...




And 2 different glass sizes...




I mean SERIOUSLY can you stand it???  Love, love, love :)
Thanks for letting me gush...
Sharing at...

Also linking this post over at...
for the Authentic Style Series featuring Miss Mustard Seed.


Chat soon,

22 comments:

  1. Love the dishes! I want the coffee cups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurel, what an awesome find! We would have fought over those if I were there! Love it all :) Enjoy those precious pieces of the past !

    ReplyDelete
  3. with glasses too?! how perfect! i did notice how cute they were in your previous post.

    i too am heading toward vintage dishes...looking for syracuse restaurant china as it wears like iron. i found a few pieces at a junk store and at a habitat for humanity.

    woo hoo for awesome dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was meant to be!! They are beautiful, fun dishes. I do believe you and the dishes are a perfect match.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute...they have a little French feel to them. How lucky you were to find them! Yay!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so darn cute and I'm so happy that you came to NTT to share them with all of us!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are delightful! What a lucky find. So glad you were able to bring them home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm new to your blog - have a lot of reading to catch up on... but wanted to say that I love your dishes - they are absolutely precious!! How cool to have found another cup and saucer to add to your set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those dishes are precious and good thing you didn't leave them!! I think they look like the '60s to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, cute, cute dishes! So cool that that match some you already had. I love it when that happens!

    There is always room for more....dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are the cutest dishes I've seen in a long time!!!
    And to find the matching cups...wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word, these are just wonderful. I've never seen any like them at all. What a super find. Love, love, love them. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Laurel...

    My friend, I certainly do understand your "gushing" about these gorgeous dishes! As a lover of all pretty dishes, myself! Hehe!

    This is the first time that I've seen this "Gay Nineties" pattern. They are adorable and I really do love all the different scenes...sooo cute! Love the color combination on them as well! Oohhh...and there are matching glasses to boot! Girl, you hit the jackpot finding these beauties! I'm so happy for you! Thanks for sharing them with us today!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  14. OooOOOOoooo,Laurel! My heart is racing!! I love those dishes!!! Never heard of that pattern, but they are precious! Husbands just don't understand dishes...they never will. You just have to tell them that buying them is what's best for everyone. I have way more dishes than I'll ever use, but some women buy diamonds...dishes are cheaper! You are one blessed lady! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't you just love when you find mates to your already wonderful pieces? Those are so charming, what a thrill!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your dishes are adorable! And, I must say, I have never seen this pattern before....and, being a dish girl, I have seen alot of dishes. Ha:)! Have a great Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Would not have passed those up myself. I have never seen that pattern either but I do love it !
    (())

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so sweet--great find! Stop by and link up if you have time.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous set of dishes! I love them, I'm so glad you got them and then to find cups and saucers that match, what a great find!
    I know I would not have been able to walk away from a find like that, either.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Laurel,

    You lucky girl finding all those. Aren't the markings adorable? And I love the American Eagle branding!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for linking to Share the Love Wednesday; hope you'll be back this week!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)