Thursday, October 23, 2014

Vintage Clock Shop Sign...and encouraging creativity...


Chipping with Charm:  Vintage Clock Shop Sign...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
If you follow me on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter, you may have already seen my vintage clock shop sign.  My husband an I bought it on our little anniversary getaway to the Central Iowa Junk Jaunt a few weeks ago.
 I purchased it at the Broadstreet Market in Story City, Iowa.
 
Chipping with Charm:  Vintage Clock Shop Sign...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
I thought you might like to see it in its new home.
I couldn't resist surrounding it with a few clocks and CLOCK LADIES.

Chipping with Charm:  Vintage Clock Shop Sign...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
I love every perfectly, imperfect detail :)

Chipping with Charm:  Repurposed Gauge...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
This repurposed gauge was another fun find...I put it up on a shelf in my new KITCHEN.

Because...it's cool and I haven't seen a white gauge before.
AND because...it was made and sold by a 16 year old "junker" in Iowa. 
He was set up outside of one of the shops in Story City.  He had a great eye for unique junk and was so excited about re-purposing that I couldn't resist cheering him on :)

I LOVE buying things from fellow artists and "repurposers"!  It just "pays" it forward from all of those who buy and encourage by little business.
So PASS IT ON...support CREATIVITY :)

Chat soon,

14 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous display!! Love it all!! Old clocks are so neat and love the gauge too!! Have a lovely day Laurel!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic sign! Great find :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your clock vignette! Gorgeous!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, Laurel...so graphic! My father was a big clock collector...clocks always bring him to mind. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sign, but the complete display is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old signs are great one-of-a-kind pieces to create unique vignettes and displays. Love how you surrounded it with vintage clocks.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your displays are always so fab! The clocks are not only pretty, but for me, represent the future, the past and the present. Nostalgia warms the heart. Thanks for opening your lovely home and sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great setup as always. The old sign is a total hit and the clocks, gauge and everything else go so well with it all. Your taste and style continue to entertain Laurel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the story of your purchase from the 16 year old artist!! I hope he goes forward in his life with what he is doing. Creating is such a gift. Your creativeness rocks too Laurel and I love that you share with us you always inspire me!! XOXO Love Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds and a beautiful vignette, Laurel. It's wonderful that you supported the young junker.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful blog! Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It’s my first time to visit this site & I’m really surprised to see such impressive stuff out there.Graphic solutions

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)