Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Junkers Unite with a Junky Memo Station, a Pin Board and a Linky Party!




Chipping with Charm: Kraut cutter turned turned memo station...http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

I am so very excited about all the things I get to share with you today!!
Chipping with Charm Blog...Laurel

If you are new here, my name is Laurel and I am a collector, decorator and "re-purposer".  As my profile says...I am on a mission to create a home that's "Chipping with Charm". 

If you'd like to follow along with my "quirky" junk inspired ideas...you can find me here at Chipping with Charm as well as...
Facebook
Pinterest
Twitter

A while back Donna of Funky Junk Interiors gathered a group of some of my favorite "junkers" to pin to a new board she started called "Junkers United".  Today we wanted to introduce you to that amazing collection of our favorite junk ideas...and to do that we each came up with a new project to share with you to "kick" it off in Junk Style :)

So here's what I came up with...


Chipping with Charm:  Kraut Cutter to Memo Station via http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

A primitive kraut cutter turned junky memo station.


Chipping with Charm:  Kraut Cutter to Memo Station via http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

Did you recognize this?  I believe that box in the middle would hold the cabbage in place and the person would slide it side to side to slice it for kraut.  To me it looked like the perfect little shelf for a funky "Memo Station".
Chipping with Charm:  Kraut Cutter to Memo Station via http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

First, we screwed on this perfectly crusty hinge to hold the shelf in place.

Chipping with Charm:  Kraut Cutter to Memo Station via http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

Nice little spot for a few "necessities".

Chipping with Charm:  Kraut Cutter to Memo Station via http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

The background/blade is magnetic...the perfect spot to hold messages, photos...whatever.


Next we added some chippy little hardware "accessories".  Some functional...

Chipping with Charm:  Kraut Cutter to Memo Station via http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

...and some just for fun.

(That little magnet is a round piece of wood painted with chalkboard paint.  I used a chalk pen and little stamps to add the word...which could easily be changed based on "function".  In this case it holds a picture of my dad and most of his family...one baby brother yet to come.  My dad is the cutie on the far left.)


Chipping with Charm:  Kraut Cutter to Memo Station via http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

Chipping with Charm:  Kraut Cutter to Memo Station via http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

If you knew where this was going to "live" you could probably screw it right to your wall.  But since I like to move things around A LOT...we added this hinge to the back for hanging.
Chipping with Charm:  Kraut Cutter to Memo Station via http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

Works great!

Chipping with Charm:  Kraut Cutter to Memo Station via http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

So there it is living its "new life" at my house.  I just love the rustic wood with the aged metal.  It makes me HAPPY :)
 
(Also sharing this project at Knick of Time for Knick of Time Tues.  A FUN vintage style link party!)  

Junkers Unite Pin Board via http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/
Wait until you see all the other junk goodies in store for you on the Junkers United PINTEREST BOARD.
(Don't miss the Junkers United FALLCHRISTMAS and GARDEN boards too.)

Junkers United Pinning "Team" via http://www.chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

ALL of these creative ladies have been busy preparing their "new" junk projects for you too...so be sure to stop over and visit each one...
Susan/ Homeroad
Bliss/ Bliss Ranch
Breida/ breida with a b.
Becky/ Beyond the Picket Fence
Laurel/ Chipping with Charm
Carlene/ Organized Clutter
Angie/ Knick of Time
Donna/ Funky Junk Interiors

I am so very honored and excited to be among some of my favorite junkers in this group.  We've been having a blast pinning away!

And now it's your turn to join in on the FUN :)
Link up your favorite junk projects at the bottom of this post.  
We'll be visiting the links and pinning our favorites to the Junkers United pin board!
Thanks for stopping...and happy pinning!
Laurel

17 comments:

  1. This is a winner! I absolutely love this Laurel! Great job, so much your style (and mine).... it couldn't be better!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Laurel. Very Minnesotan too, cuz we all love our kraut. And if we don't, well we can make a memo board instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that memo station! What a great idea and it looks cool as well. :-) Thanks for sharing and thanks for hosting the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OM goodness, you have done it again Laurel. We have so many of these kraut cutters at work--now I know what to do with them. A perfect repurpose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to visit all these way cool sites!

    Thanks, ladies!

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my JUNK, Laurel! Could that piece be any more perfect for a memo board?! I think not! I love all your additions, you can't even tell they aren't a part of the original piece! Soooo love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really fantastic, Laurel! Touring through all of these junk projects today is making me either 1) really jealous or, 2) really inspired. {but I haven't decided which one is winning yet!} ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Laurel. I love all the little details right down to the hinge you added on top for hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks amazing! Love the functionality, patina and beautiful metal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh this looks like my kind of party.
    I'll be back with some junk. =)

    be blessed
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute idea for an old kraut cutter. I have one, too, but it is hanging in my garden room with old seed packets stuck in it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. POOP! (Bet you weren't expecting a comment to begin with that!) I literally JUST walked past one of these at a flea market. Thought it was cool but thought, 'what the heck would I do with it?'. POOP. But now I know. SO cute and love this idea for a party!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your kraut cutter turned into a junky memo station!! Rustic wood with the aged metal makes me happy too!!
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, just found you and am so glad! I'm such a junker as well - free and vintage stuff finds me all the time! I went on vacation to Cape May and even founds awesome free stuff there.

    I would love all of you to also link up to my weekly "Thrifty & Vintage Finds" link party! http://www.dagmarbleasdale.com/2013/10/thrifty-vintage-finds-link-party-12/

    Thanks for hosting!
    Dagmar
    Dagmar's Home

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, my eye is now out for a kraut cutter!!!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Best idea E.V.E.R.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this!!! Where did you find this piece?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)