Thursday, May 24, 2012

O.K-Cup Storage Stand

Chipping with Charm:  Stacked Pans for K-cups...http://chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

My family gave me a Keurig coffee maker for Christmas...and I love it...but how to store all those little cups has been a dilema.  I know they sell those handy little stands.  But you know I would want something a little bit "junky-er" right?

So this is what I finally came up with...

Chipping with Charm:  Stacked Pans for K-cups...http://chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

I got my inspiration for this little project from some other cool layered pan stands I've seen out there in Blogland like...
and
Thanks for the inspiration ladies!!
You should definitely "hop" over and peek at their versions...and all of their other very CLEVER ideas while you are at it :)

Chipping with Charm:  Stacked Pans for K-cups...http://chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

I had a couple of these old cake pans in a couple of different sizes.

Chipping with Charm:  Stacked Pans for K-cups...http://chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

This spindle-y stool leg fit perfectly in the metal tubes in the cake pans...meant to be??

Chipping with Charm:  Stacked Pans for K-cups...http://chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

The glass handle is a curtain rod finial which I attached with "Amazing Goop" glue...

Chipping with Charm:  Stacked Pans for K-cups...http://chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

LOVE this stuff :)

Chipping with Charm:  Stacked Pans for K-cups...http://chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

I actually used it to attach the "Lazy Susan" to the bottom too...just call me "Lazy Laurel" ;)

Chipping with Charm:  Stacked Pans for K-cups...http://chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

I was thinking about adding labels to the little slots...but I really don't want to cover up any of that fun writing.  I think my guests will figure it out, don't you?
(And yes, my assortment of flavors is a "little excessive...I know.  I went a little crazy when I first got it...trying to pick a favorite :)

Chipping with Charm:  Stacked Pans for K-cups...http://chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

Looks kind of "cozy" there on my counter doesn't it?  But if I ever get my little "studio" that I've been dreaming of...

Chipping with Charm:  Stacked Pans for Storage...http://chippingwithcharm.blogspot.com/

I think it would be great for these little paint bottles too...don't you?
(Side note...I have no idea why my pictures upload sideways sometimes???  Do you?)
Well anyway...
Sharing at...

 
 

Thanks so much for stopping by!! 
Hope you are enjoying the week...I am ready for some sunshine here!  Lots of rain in MN!  My kids and I are getting a little stir crazy.  Hmmmm...think I'll go make one of those handy little coffees...that should perk me up a bit :)


Chat again soon,

43 comments:

  1. eeek I'm in LOVE - the patina is fabulous!!! so....when should I pop over for a cup of joe? xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. had to pin it - http://pinterest.com/pin/207306389067736022/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing! My 2 older sons use my Kerig more than I do and they always have those little coffee cups laying all over the counter. I wanna try to make me one of these. Thanks again! have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Laurel! Oh yes, junky-er is always the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great idea. There's no way you would have one of those boring cup holders. It would look out of place in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really is a darling little thing you made there! I can't give up my old pot o coffee maker, the keurig doesn't make a BIG enough cup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much better than those stands--love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! Cool! And it's very cool that the spindle just fit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great great idea! I don't have a Keurig but I NEED this stand! I hope you don't mind but I put up a link to your blog on my FB page (Trash to Treasure) so I could share the goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks awesome, Laurel! Can't you believe I just donated one of those pans...what was I thinking? I need your creative vision, Laurel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously, you have so many ingenious ideas. And yes, it needed to be junky. It's so perfect. I love the letting on the pans too. Funny how those little markings make our hearts happy.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so fun and unique! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop...I am your newest follower! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Laurel! Love it!
    Susan
    Homeroad

    ReplyDelete
  14. That turned out really cute Lauren, so I've gotta pin it to remind me. I'm using a green Tupperware celery keeper right now for my little k cups. Not near as cool as your keeper.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Laurel,
    I love your coffee holder!! I have a couple of cake pans similar to that and you have inspired me to try something similar!! Thanks also for the shout out!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. You sure know how to get my attention, don't you now?! :D Coffee and junk in one post! YESSS!! Love this, girl! Love it!

    Shared in FJI Facebook and pinned for SNS 135. :)

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150946217366141&set=a.192514281140.164586.175378011140&type=1&theater

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is just adorable -- no, I wouldn't add anything to it -- perfect as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great solution to storing those little coffee containers. Adorable! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great way to re-purpose! I'm feeling a little
    "soggy" and hope we get some nice weather soon!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful! Makes me wish I drank coffee! Visiting from FJS's Party, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. If you use a Mac you can use the Mac key and R or L at the same time to turn the photo Right or Left after you upload it and before you publish it in your write up. On a PC it is Ctrl key and R or L key. Hope this helps. Love your kcup holder. Gives me some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. so many creative idea ~~~~ nice job

    Michele
    Pearl 13.1

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for stopping by Quirky Vistas again Laurel. I always appreciate your thoughts!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those cups are a pain....but the Keurig is beyond fantastic!
    I like your idea...better than the plastic holder I have...cuz, mine always looks empty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love what you made to store your cups! I have a Keurig and cups are everywhere!! Thank you so much for visiting my new blog and leaving a comment! I am a new follower on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love, Love, Love the cup stand. This would look great with all of my paints in my studio. But I too have the same coffee maker and never displayed the cups because I didn't like the holders that are out there. Soo am going to make something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is such a great idea! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I love this cup stand-so clever and not something boring! I'm your newest follower!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is such an awesome idea. So beautiful and functional. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am MADLY in love with this...I have an affinity for anything tin/steel. And that coffee sign in the background?! AH!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love this idea! I have a keurig and I am always trying to figure out a way to store all the Kcups I have. I have a drawer thats under my keurig. Im not liking it at all! This is a project I will have to make. On the look out for some great items now at the thrift store and garage sales. :)
    xoxo
    Heather
    Now Following GFC and liked you on Facebook.
    www.HeatherlyLoves.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is just the most creative idea! Kudos to you! And thanks for sharing!!! And what puts this wonderful kerig stand is that it is on a lazy susan!!! Brilliant!
    Please come by StoneGable and join TUTORIALS TIPS AND TIDBITS, my weekly dyi linky party! Link goes live Wednesday at 8:00! Hope to see you and your K-cup stand that everyone will love!
    I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love his idea too, you re one creative gal. Karin

    ReplyDelete
  34. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your pans Laurel!! I just made a few more today but my pans are not quite as cool as the ones you used on this project :) Thanks for the mention. BTW you need to delete the comment above me :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan!! I wish I could find more of those pans...for less than $20!! And thanks for the heads up on the icky comment...GONE :)

      Delete
  36. Oh that is cool. I want everything to have the lazy Susan concept. I think the mix of that old metal with the finial is charming. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  37. My family gave me a Keurig coffee maker for Christmas... kcupsholder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love coffee, as well as my mother. My mother makes coffee every morning. But my father loves decaf k cups. I hope you can find a good quality maker.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)