Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"Treats" For My Windows...


The windows at my house have been "naked" for a while now. I like the clean look of bamboo shades but have been trying to add a unique junky twist here and there. Let me know what you think...

Our livingroom has lots of windows...my in-laws found a stash of these spindles and scooped them up for me. Simple but interesting, I think.




This distressed white cane has the perfect spot for a little springy bling...


We hung it up using these fun clips...super easy!




You might remember this garden fence treatment from a previous JMS post. I think this was the idea that got me thinking...



This chippy hook rack makes a great treatment in my bathroom and is the perfect display spot for my junky jewels.




One of my favorite Mimi-Toria pieces...now I can enjoy it everyday :)




This old screen was the perfect fit in my guest bedroom. At first that "imperfection" bothered me but now I am "embracing" it ;)




Love these hinges...

So anyway, that's where I've gone so far...I have a couple more "treats" in my mind but haven't been able to find all the right pieces to complete them...so I may have to add "Part 2" post when they finally all come together :)

Hope everyone has a great week.  Things are pretty crazy around here.  I don't get near enough time to peek around and comment on everyone's blogs.  Someday soon...things will slow down, right???  Take care...

Sharing at...Funky Junk Interiors for Sat. Nite Special...Non Traditional Window Treatments :)

7 comments:

  1. I'm not much of a curtain girl either and living in the country allows me to have unadorned windows. You've given me so much inspiration to spruce up my windows without covering them up! Such clever ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the post I needed, trying to decide about my kitchen window...Love all your photos, especially the screen and fence, and the cane. Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I followed the link from Lezlee's blog to check you out. Love your window treatments!
    Just signed up as a follower too.
    Love your style...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Just found you and Lezlee and am now a follower. Love your ideas! I am pretty new to blogging also. It's a learning journey and lots of fun!
    gail
    adventuresininnkeeping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT IDEAS FOR WINDOW TREATMENTS LOVE THEM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! Please also feel free to contact me through email or on my Chipping with Charm Facebook page. I love hearing from you :)